Sunday, April 25, 2010

A New Way of Life.

Just a lazy Sunday afternoon with my husband and our daughter. It is such a pretty day, yesterday we did a little shopping and I bought a beautiful basket of bright pink flowers to hang on our lanai. I have been wanting some flowers to hang out there for quite awhile now. Our apartment is wonderful in the sense that all our windows face east so it stays rather cool and we almost never have to run our air. But the down side to that is since we don't really get any direct sunlight I can't really keep any flowers alive in the house! And I so did want African Violets. (I'll do those in our next apartment.)
My husband bought me some bamboo a while back but I managed to kill that. It's almost impossible to kill the flowers I just bought, so they should be safe. =) And I am thinking about buying some deep orange ones later on to hang by the bright pink. I think they'd make a nice pair. Anyway it is nice to finally have flowers for our house again.

Wednesday I have plans of going to a Farmers Market in the morning. I'm very excited about it, it has been awhile since I have been to one and I am so very looking forward to it. I would like to get my hands on some fresh local produce. And I bought a new cookbook! Julia Child's, The Way to Cook. It's in the mail on it's way to me and I am pretty excited about that too! I can't wait to try some of her recipes with the fresh local food here!
So funny, if you told me I'd be this excited about a Farmers Market, and new cook book when I was a teenager I'd have called you crazy. (haha) But I can say it sure does make my husband happy.
He knew me when I was a wild child and he likes that I am content now to be at home with him cooking, and crafting, and writing, and raising our little family! And I must say personally I have never been happier!

Anyway I have been browsing the net for interesting recipes and watching Niagara, so I think I'll get back to it before Genesis wakes up and demands my time. =)
This is the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment