Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's D Day (Year) Again.

So I really did mean to write more often on this blog then I have lately. But things just got so hectic with my husbands deployment. He flew over seas a couple of weeks ago and we have now begun our next deployment together. Something I have been dreading, but honestly I can't complain too much because we did get over a year together between deployments. And he was able to be here for the whole first year of our daughters life. We were very blessed for that.

Now I am just trying to get into the swing of deployment again. Even though we did get so much time together it just seems that it's come too soon again. And while I was hoping that maybe this deployment would be a little easier for me because it's not our first together and I have our daughter to keep me busy and so many great friends here and family we will be going back to visit, I really think this one is going to be harder just in the sense that over the past year and a half we have grown so much together and so much closer together. We were only married for a few days before last deployment and had only been a couple for about four months. And while I loved him very much we were still new to each other and hadn't grown as close as we are now.

And even though deployments are the worst part of Army life I am so very proud of him. And I love that he loves his job so much. Sometimes I think about what it would be like for him to just have a normal 9 to 5 job and not have to be away from him for years at a time. But I know that he wouldn't be as happy in that type of job as he is being a soldier. And I would rather have to deal with deployments and him love his work, then for him to be miserable in his job. And I really do enjoy the Army life. I love the community, the pride, the ability we have to travel. And I like that in my own way I can be involved too, as part of the FRG and volunteer positions.

I am as prepared as I can be for this deployment and all I can do is wait, and pray, and do my part from home to let him know that we are here for him till he is home to us. We have already sent him letters and a care package. =) And our daughter loves to color pictures for him. In between tasting the crayons of course. So hopefully this deployment goes quickly and safely for him and all the men over there. So for now I'll just try and stay busy and try not to watch the calendar too much. Even though I know every day how many, months, weeks, and days we have left.

This is the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment