Monday, September 27, 2010

I Am My Beloveds

Well yesterday began another long week for my husband and I. He is out in the field all week training for Afghanistan and I am just taking care of things here at home until he gets back at the end of the week. Although I have gotten so much accomplished! And in just one day, I was able to get the spare room totally cleaned out and all of his gear organized which means I was able to get the other things I have been wanting stored finally put away so our living/dining room looks so much bigger and nice and fresh. =) So next on my list is cleaning the bathrooms, re-vacuuming the floors, and maybe some minor redecorating. =)
Anyway I'm sure that wasn't a very exciting update, but that's what is going on right now. We are getting closer to Baby G and my visit back to Illinois to see our family. I am really looking forward to it, but not wishing the time away to get to that point either. Because it's just too much to think that by the time I am back with my husband after our visit we will only be a few short months away from deployment! It sure does have a way of creeping up on us.
But until it does creep up too close and until our visit with family I am busy spending every single spare minute between training with my husband. I want to not only get quality time with him, and our daughter together. But also to help build our marriage even stronger. Deployment sure can have a way of knocking the wind out of your sails when it comes to the strength in marriage sometimes. So I want our bonds, and love, and marriage to be not only as strong as we can make them, but also steadily getting stronger every day. We were able to go to a Marriage Retreat that was set up by the Army for the 2-27 families, it was wonderful. It was a great learning experience for us. And since they provided child care we were able to go out on a date just the two of us. It was wonderful, it was the first time since our daughter was born that we have been able to do that. We enjoyed downtown Wikiki (which was were the retreat was held) walking along the beach at sunset, going through the International Market Place, and just being able to walk and talk and have dinner while just focusing on each other. I think we really needed a night like that. =)
So I guess that's about it at the moment. Those are my goals and plans for the next few months. And as for this week I have getting the house organized, and taking care of G to keep me busy until he is home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment